How can you prepare your little girl that is growing up right before your eyes for life? How to teach her that it’s not only about her appearance, but most importantly whom she is inside? I put together below a list of 15 things that are important for her to become a strong, beautiful, God-fearing woman.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6)
1.Be gentle in words and actions. Let your beauty come from a gentle and quiet spirit (I Pet. 3:4).
2.Determine to be strong. As a woman, you’ll face many situations where you’ll need to be steady and determined. Strength and honor are her clothing (Prov. 31:25).
3.Seek wisdom. Wisdom comes from above, look up to Him (James 3).
4.Care for your health. Be sure and eat good foods, exercise, and get enough rest. If you care for yourself, then you’ll be better able to care for others too.
5.Be willing to work hard. Learn to enjoy your tasks and take on what must be tackled (Prov. 31:13).
6.Be a soul-winner. Share what God has given you with others, Do not hide it.
7.Face difficulties with faith and courage. Don’t walk in your own strength, but trust Him who will carry you through.
8.Spend time alone to speak to Him. Don’t ever get too busy to maintain your relationship with God in first place.
9.Be kind to others. Kindness has such a significant impact on those around you. (Prov. 31:26).
10. Serve cheerfully. Look to Christ as your example on how to serve others. (Phil. 2).
11. Pray about all things. Don’t try to solve anything by yourself, but go to your Heavenly Father for everything. (Eph. 6:18).
12. Watch what you say. Your words have power to build up or tear down. So use them wisely.
13. Be a reference. Be the light of Christ amongst this wicked, sinful world.
14. Believe in yourself. Be confident in who you are and what you are before God. Don’t let others change that.
15. Fear God. This is going to be essential for all the decisions you make in life (Proverbs 30:31)
Teach your daughters these important things. But, make sure you put them into practice first!
Without a doubt there are other things that can be added to this list. Please feel free to write your comments below on what else you would add on to this list.
Toronto - Canada