Monday, May 06, 2013

VALUABLE TIME


One day a father came home completely stressed out from work and just wanted to sit down and watch the news. His little boy came to him excited to have him home and said: “Daddy, come play with me.” His Father replied harshly, “Can’t you see I’m busy right now? Go and play with your brothers!”

The boy sadly left but, shortly came back and asked, “Dad, how much do you earn per hour at work?”

The father became greatly annoyed and said, “Can’t you see I'm busy? Go talk to your mother I told you I'm busy, go away.”

A few minutes later the boy tried to get his father's attention again.

“Daddy, how much do you earn per hour at work?”

The father became very angry and exploded.

“You are very rude! Don’t you see I'm busy! Go to your room now!”

The boy argued: “But Dad, I didn’t have dinner yet!”

“I don’t care! Go to your room now and stay there until I tell you to!”

The boy went to his room sad, hungry, and confused. He couldn’t understand why his father was acting thIS way.

After watching the news the father realized what he had done to his son and went to call him for dinner. When he opened the door to his surprise he found the boy sleeping. He felt very bad for what he had done and went to wake up the boy.

The boy woke up startled and said, “No, Dad, don’t hit me, I'm sorry for bothering you while you were watching the news. I promise it will never do that again, please don’t hit me!”

At that moment the father's heart sank, and he said, “No, son, Daddy is really sorry, let's go have dinner. Then we will play and I want you to tell me how your day was.”

The boy noticed the change in his father’s tone and asked again, “Daddy, how much do you earn per hour at work?”

The man stopped to think and replied,” Hmm… About 5 dollars per hour” And the boy asked, “Dad can you lend me two dollars?”

The father, feeling guilty took two dollar bills and gave it to his son who then took out 3 dollars from his pocket and put all his money together and said, “Dad, here's five dollars. Can I buy an hour of your time to play with me?

Obviously nowadays its very difficult for a mother to stay home all day with her children like in the past. Today many are obligated to work outside and have a lot of other activities in their daily lives.

But this can’t be an excuse for the similar situation told in this story to occur in your home. You must have this very clear. Children are not just another obligation you must fulfill!

Many parents even feel sad when they are away from their children but as soon as they get home they just want to go relax in front of the T.V. and not deal with anything else. And when it comes to their children their patience falls short.

Mothers, when you are at work dedicate yourself to it but, as soon as you get home give yourself to want is important and to those who really truly love you.

Leviticus 25:41

“And then he shall depart from you—he and his children with him—and shall return to his own family. He shall return to the possession of his fathers.”



Claudia Brito

Auckland – New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment