Monday, July 01, 2013

A PARENT'S PRAYER



 
As a parent, we pray daily for our children. But many times we find ourselves lost and without words simply because we don’t know what to say in are prayers. We just repeat the same prayer each day, “God protect them, deliver them from evil, Let them be God fearing successful people, etc”

Below I have put together a list of things that you can pray for each day.

1. Salvation – “Lord, let my children grow up in this salvation. May they obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 2:10)

2. Love for God’s Word: “May my children grow to find your Word more precious than pure gold and sweeter than honey from the honeycomb.” (Psalm 19:10)

3. Love: “Grant, Lord, that my children may live this true love, which is to love you first, themselves, and thy neighbor.” (Galatians 5:22)

4. Justice: “God, help my children to love justice as You do and to act justly in all they do.” (Psalm 11:1; Micah 6:8)

5. Self-Control: “Father, help my children not to be like everyone around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled.” (Thessalonians 5:6)

6. Respect: “Lord, grant that my children may show proper respect to those around them, as your word says. May they have respect for self, others, authorities, etc.” (1Peter 2:17)

7.Honesty and Integrity: “May they have these virtues with them always.” (Psalm 25:21)
 
8.Courage: “May my children always be strong and courageous in their character and in their actions.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

9.Kindness: “Lord, may my children always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.” (Ephesians 4:32)
 
10. Purity: “Create in them a pure heart, and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions.” (Psalm 51:10)

11. Perseverance: “Lord, teach my children perseverance in all they do, and that they may Glorify Your name through this perseverance.” (Hebrews 12:1)

12. Humility: “Grant, Lord, my children the ability to posses this true virtue, just as You did.” (Titus 3:2)

13.Passion for the Lord: “My God, please install in my children a soul that follows hard after You; a heart that clings passionately to You.” (Psalm 63:8)
 
14. Prayerfulness: “Grant, Lord, that my children’s lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to depend on You for everything.” (Proverbs 1:3)
 
15. Soul-winner: “Let my children, Lord, have the burning desire to see you glory declared among the nations, and may they have this love to show You through their lives to those around them.” (Psalm 96:3)
 
16. Faith: “Lord, let faith be the root of their Christian life, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them through your Word. And may your Name be Greatly Glorified through them.” (Hebrews 11:1-40)

17.A servants heart: “God, please help my children develop a servant’s heart, that they may serve wholeheartedly, as to the Lord, and not men” (Ephesians 6:7)

18. Sacrifice: “Lord, let my children be a living sacrifice each day of their lives, with all their heart, body, and soul. “ (John 3:16)

19. Self-Discipline: “Lord, I ask that my children may live a disciplined life, doing what is right and just and fair.” (Corinthians 9:27)

20.Holy Spirit: “May this promise be granted in my children’s lives, let them be filled with this power everyday of their lives.” (Acts 1:8)

I believe it's very important to pray together with your children, that way they can also learn how to pray for themselves. Teach them that these are things they should ask for in their own prayers as well.

Do you have any more suggestions? Please feel free to comment below and let us know what else do you pray about for your children.


Collaborated by Claudia Brito

Auckland- New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment