Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A BABY'S TRUST

 

                March 25, 2011 at 4pm, after 10 hours of labor, no epidural, and a few pushes, a beautiful 5lb 10oz, baby girl was born. From that moment on my life completely changed. As I took her into my arms, I immediately feel in love with her, and realize how dependant of me she will be.

                I always imagined babies were completely dependent of their parents, but I never really actually knew, how dependant they really were, until I brought home this new beautiful baby. At each passing day, I quickly learned that this baby wouldn´t be able to survive without someone taking care of her, day and night.  Only a mother knows how much her newborn depends on her. The Feeding every three hours, burping, changing and just holding them, it´s a very demanding and tiresome job.

                My dear mothers, this is exactly how God wants us to depend and trust solely on Him. Not on our children, husband, job, friends, family, or anything else, just Him. Just like this newborn.

He says in His word: “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose Hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-9)

                Just like a child knows no fears or worries, their trust is completely on someone providing everything for them; God wants us to do the same. He wants us to leave behind our past, our worries, our fears, and everything that draws us away from this trust. If we are planted by the water, which is Him, we have no reason to fear our future or the future of our children, no matter what problem or situation you might be facing, because our leaf will be green and we will be very fruitful!

So, my fellow mothers why not, today, right now, take this moment as you read this, and put your complete trust on Him! Give yourself completely to Him! If you do this, your children will follow, and what more valuable lesson can we pass on to our children?
 
Mariasol Cook
Canada

1 comment:

  1. Greеtіngs from Los angeles! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the information you present here and can't wait to take a
    look when I get hοme. I'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even usіng WIFI, juѕt 3G
    .. Anyways, good blоg!
    Visit my web blog : breast implants before and after

    ReplyDelete