Sunday, November 10, 2013

THE POSITIVE AND A NEW CHALLENGE



Hello my name is Angelica Guedes, I am 32 years old, married for almost 10 years and recently became a mother of a baby who is now 1 year old. I will be sharing with you what I’ve discovered in this world of motherhood from my pregnancy until now. I hope to help you, mothers, who like me are living the challenges of caring for and educating a baby. Always seeking help in God's word as my foundation.



In order for you to get to know me better I'll tell you how I discovered I was pregnant. I began to be suspicious when I was on a trip. I started to feel very nauseous as the plane was preparing to land. I found it very strange because I never felt sick on plane before and the trip was so calm, I just thought I ate too much junk food. Back home, as the days passed the sickness came and went. I began to entertain the possibility of being pregnant. I also realized that I had to urinate all the time. Doubt came over me and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I didn’t say anything to anyone, not even my husband. I took a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I felt like I was on a rollercoaster and said to myself these test aren’t always right.



The next day, I went to the emergency room because I was very sick, they did a blood test to see if I was pregnant, after a few hours, the doctor on duty called me to his office with a funny expression on his face and said, Angelica, the test was positive. Congratulations you’re pregnant. You need to find a doctor so you can begin you’re prenatal care. How so?? How can he be so calm when giving me this news, I thought. I was speechless and had no reaction! I left the doctor’s office with the results in my hand and a whirlwind of thoughts going on in my head, but seconds later I laughed about it. It seemed as though, now, I only noticed mothers with their children and pregnant women around me. How will it be for me?





Perhaps, friend, you might be reading my story and your own story is going through your head, because you’ve just discovered you’re going to be a mother, or perhaps your pregnancy was not how you wanted it to be. But it doesn’t matter, everyone’s experiences are unique each woman has her own. The same woman has totally different experiences with each pregnancy. Fact is, many things change within us, the way we look at the world, the way we see other people, and especially the way we look at ourselves.



I understood that the child that was being forming inside of me, needed me to be more than a biological mother, he needed me to be a mother in prayer that would trust his future in the hands of God. Because the world we live in today is such an evil and destructive one, I began to pray for wisdom and condition to raise my child according to God's will and not my own. That way I would be sure not to let anxiety, fear or insecurity take over me. I look to God as my refuge.



That’s why, mothers, I invite you to put yourself at God’s disposal and take on your role as a mother. That being that’s forming inside of you is totally dependent of your care, affection and love, so, put your pregnancy, your child and your own life in the hands of God.



Pray, ask God for help, tell Him what's going on with you. Be honest and you will have wonderful answers in your life. Next time, I'll be telling you more about how I discovered I was pregnant! Write to us on the space below and share with us how your experience has been or is.



"Train up a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6


Angelica Guedes - Porto Alegre - Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment